Job Description – Communications Officer
Job Title: Communications Officer
Location: Accra, Ghana
Term: Full Time
Immediate Supervisor: Programs Manager
- Overall Purpose of the Job
The African Centre for Parliamentary Affairs (ACEPA) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the effectiveness of elected representative assemblies at all levels of governance in Africa and beyond. ACEPA is in search of a highly creative Communications Officer.
The Communications Officer will be working closely with the ACEPA Executive Director and Staff. The officer will also work as part of ACEPA wide programs staff and serve as a lead in promoting and supporting a culture/practice of documenting achievements and communicating ACEPA’s work and learnings to stakeholders and the general public. The Communications Officer will lead the process of designing and implementing an effective communication strategy including a digital strategy for ACEPA. The role of the Communications Officer will also include building the capacity of ACEPA staff, and partners to acquire the skills necessary to support the implementation of an efficient communication strategy.
- General Responsibilities
The Communications Officer will be responsible for developing and implementing the communications strategy for ACEPA as an institution and for specific program/projects, including driving stakeholder engagements, presenting complex messages, developing brand messaging, and ensuring visibility of the organization.
- Specific Tasks
- In consultation with ACEPA staff develop a marketing and communication strategy with a digital strategy and lead the roll out of the strategy;
- Provide technical advice and support on all communications related matters in the organization;
- Lead programs, projects and all ACEPA related communications specifically lead the process of producing, editing and finalizing content for a wide range of communications services and products including publications (digital and print), For website and online platforms, events, media, social media, multi-media content including videos, and branding etc. Producing reports on programs/projects and activities being implemented for effective outreach and visibility;
- Lead in distributing multi-media content about ACEPA’s programs, /projects, especially, the organization’s learnings and impact;
- Find innovative ways to package and share learnings from ACEPA’s work;
- Provide technical advice in the redesign of the ACEPA website and maintain a modern dynamic website that meets the needs of ACEPA and its stakeholders;
- Lead in the management of ACEPA’s social media pages and website with support of other ACEPA staff, including establishing presence on platforms that ACEPA does not have presence yet;
- Lead in the management and contribute to writing processes leading to various types of publications;
- Regularly conduct analysis including website analytics; and
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Qualifications and Skills Required
The Communications Officer must have experience in project documentation and communication, brand management, strategic messaging, digital platforms as well as working with non-governmental organizations.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Studies, English, Marketing, Public Relations & Media, Business and Operations Management or any other relevant field;
- Demonstrated experience in project communications work particularly in the governance or related sector;
- Experience in designing communication strategy including digital strategy for non-governmental organizations;
- Experience with Information Communication Technology as well as new media forms/technologies;
- Experience in developing content, independently editing and proof reading, creating final publishable products;
- Experience in managing social media platforms;
- Good oral and written communication skills in English;
- Must be result focused and be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a multi-cultural team environment;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Knowledge of parliamentary systems and legislative institutions in Africa or elsewhere will be an advantage.
Competitive and attractive
- How to Apply
Interested persons should send their CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The title of the email should be “Communications Officer”.
Until the position is filled