Group of Individuals and/or Firms are not eligible for this consultancy (only at an individual level)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The African Centre for Parliamentary Affairs (ACEPA) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the effectiveness of elected representative assemblies at all levels of governance in Africa and beyond. The Centre seeks a consultant - Administrative and Finance Advisor – Kenya; for the Global Affairs Canada (GAC) funded project “Inclusive Legislatures for Gender-Responsive Policies”. The project is being implemented by the Parliamentary Centre in partnership with ACEPA.
The Administrative and Finance Advisor will be accountable for the integrity of accounting and financial reporting for the project in Kenya. He/She will be responsible for timely financial monitoring, forecasting, strategic/analytical monitoring of the country’s project budget, financial risk management and procurement. The Administrative and Finance Advisor will be responsible for ensuring that funds are requested and received in a timely manner for implementation of project activities.
The FO advisor will specifically:
- Contribute to the planning, development and coordination of activities of the project;
- Lead/Collaborate with the Parliamentary Liaison and Project Coordinator and other members of the project team and experts in the coordination of logistics for efficient implementation of project activities;
- Participate in and keep proper records of project meetings and any other project events when required;
- Assist the Parliamentary Liaison and Project Coordinator and other project team members in the day-to-day routine activities that support implementation of project activities;
- Assist with financial management of project including project budget preparation, cash flow etc. in compliance with ACEPA, the Parliamentary Centre and Global Affairs Canada (GAC) requirements and standards;
- Liaise with project team members in Africa and in Ottawa especially the Finance team on financial management of project in collaboration with Parliamentary Liaison and Project Coordinator;
- Manage in country project account in accordance with established accounting principles in close collaboration with the National Parliamentary Advisor;
- Work with project team to ensure compliance with donor financial management requirements, for example, participants’ reimbursement of per diems, transportation or incidental expenses is done in accordance with donor travel requirements;
- Manage data on funding reporting requirements for the project;
- Lead/Collaborate in preparation of financial reports in collaboration with the Parliamentary Liaison and Project Coordinator and other team members to meet ACEPA, the Parliamentary Centre and GAC requirement and standards;
- Support the project team to ensure ACEPA, the Parliamentary Centre and GAC financial management policies and procedures are followed and effectively implemented
- Maintain a computerized account payable module/system that ensures data integrity and accuracy of reports including preparing monthly account payable reconciliations in compliance with ACEPA, the Parliamentary Centre and GAC standards;
- ensure efficient cash management, including reconciling monthly bank statements/managing cash advances and related transactions;
- Assist with financial and compliance audits.
- A minimum of a first degree in Finance, BCom, Accounting or relevant field of study;
- A minimum of 5years Experience in financial management of development projects;
- Professional qualification would be an added advantage;
- Fluency in the French Language;
- Experience in general ledger reconciliations;
- Experience in year-end audits;
- Experience in variance analysis;
- Experience in financial management of development projects;
- Paying attention to detail;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good organizational and planning skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Computer literate - MS Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel);
- Professional proficiency in English (oral, reading, writing)
Contract Terms: Competitive and attractive; and commensurate with experience.
Expected Start Date: Immediate (subject to contract start date).
How to Apply
If you are interested and confident you can deliver the scope of work and can demonstrate that you meet the required competencies detailed in the Terms of Reference, please submit a CV outlining your relevant skills and experience and a cover letter via email to
Application Deadline: The process will be ongoing until a suitable applicant is selected.