Specifically, ACEPA provides:
- Technical support for institutional reforms within representative institutions.
- Capacity building for elected representatives through training and the development training materials.
- A forum for peer-to-peer learning and skills acquisition facilitated by leading African experts in the area of representation, legislation and oversight and a Center of Excellence for improving parliamentary practice on the African continent.
- A platform for knowledge exchange and institutional memory: serves as a forum for experience and knowledge sharing between current and former MPs (national and sub-national) from Africa and other regions of the world.
- Leadership training in all aspects of Parliamentary development on the continent - from law-making to oversight, representation and constituency work.
- Cutting-edge research informed by extensive field experience on Parliaments and their role in consolidating democratic governance in Africa.